By booking in your pet, you agree to these conditions;
Before the Groom-
- Cancellation of Grooming Appointment / No-Show 24hours notice is required for grooming cancellations/rescheduling so we can fill your appointment.
If less than 24 hours notice, a Cancellation Fee of $75 will be payable before we can book you another appointment. No-show of scheduled appointments will incur a No-show fee of $75, and is payable before another appointment will be booked. **Please note that if you cancel without significant notice or do not show for your appointment, we are still required to pay staff and loss of income for an appointment we could have filled.
- Please bring your cat in a carrier lined with a towel. Cats can urinate and defecate during transport; any bathing of cat is added to grooming cost.
- Please park in the driveway. (or on the grass of number 19 or 16) Please do not park across our neighbours driveways or limiting our neighbours ability to reverse out of their driveway.
- As we run by appointment only please ensure you are on time (if this is your first session you may arrive up to 5 minutes early to settle your cat after the drive. Please keep your cat crated and wait for assistance). We are unable to take cats that arrive more than 10 minutes late to an appointment, as we are appointment only need to run on time for all clients – the no-show fee will apply or we will only do what is possible in the remaining time available without stressing the cat. If you have multiple cats booked in. Please bring at the same time, unless told to do otherwise, as this may cause delays waiting for cats.
During the Groom-
- We ask that you stay during your cats first groom. The cat will only be with us during the grooming time, as presence of other cats and loud noises when waiting for you, can stress out your cat.
- If you decide to not to stay, there is a chance the cat can react and not be finished, pick up time is given at check in.
- Existing skin conditions can be exposed with de-matting and clipping of your pet.
- Cats skin has a higher risk of being cut which increases with age and matting. Cats also have a high risk of complications during the grooming process, stress even the smallest amount, with underlying undiagnosed conditions can result in illness and even death. Grooming is at the owners/agents own risk. Lexie’s Dog & Cat Grooming and its staff hold no liability to the accident, illness, or death of a cat under its watch. Please be aware of this. I do all in my power to avoid this from happening, the best thing you can do is keep your pets health checks and vaccinations up to date and keep grooming regular. All cost associated with Veterinary attention are the pet owners/agent’s responsibility.
- Price may change at Groomer’s discretion. Bathing is charged per hour before matting. There will be a fee for Matting/ aggression/ fleas/ hard to groom/bad skin/ infected ears/ extra time needed/ biting etc. These pets are wear and tear on the equipment and the Groomer.
- I designate 30 mins to 1.5 hours per cat, no more, cats have a low threshold, grooming must be quick and precise. If your cat needs more than the designated time, is extremely matted or full of coat, or is showing signs of stress, you may be asked to return another day to complete the groom. Payment will be required for the future appointment at pick up. We will not do longer grooms as this extensive stress is dangerous for cats even if they are not showing signs of stress.
- If your cat is presented at the salon to have a contagious disease (eg, ringworm, cat flu, bacterial or fungal skin infections), or is needing Veterinary attention for a found existing condition, your cat will be sent home and the groom not completed, with full grooming fees paid at pick up. Failure to disclosed pre-existing conditions is disrespectful for my groomers and our next clients.
- Teeth Cleaning Policy- We will only brush teeth and not remove plaque or tartar as advised to do so by the AVA (Australian Veterinary Association)
- Flea Control Policy- Your pet may be sent home with a cleaning fee, if found to have fleas during the grooming session. All pets should be on a flea control program, at all times of the year.
- Ear Cleaning Policy- We will externally clean ears when asked to do so. If an ear look inflamed or has discharge, we will not clean these ears as can cause discomfort or further issues.
- Your pet/s photos and videos may be displayed on social media/website. This may include for educational reasons as Lexie also runs a Cat Grooming Educational Salon. (optional)
After the Groom-
- Payment is by cash or EFTPOS on completion of groom. We do not credit or invoice unless during COVID community transmission periods.
- We recommend re-booking a regular groom up to 6 months in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Please note we have a strict regular grooming policy, due to limited timing and striving for a positive grooming experience, and therefore cannot take once a year clients. All clients must be on a 2-12 weekly schedule to retain our services.